Words Matter. In this article, we’ll look at the power of word choice. Our words still have energy without being spoken. You and I talk to ourselves all day, every day, without ever having said a word.
You’ll notice a series of questions ahead. Don’t just zip through them. Allow a moment of self-reflection so YOU can benefit. As a success coach, these are questions I ask my clients as they turn on their internal goal-making machine.
- Words are powerful, and they create your reality in either a positive or negative way. What words do you use when you describe your life situation?
- Do you tell yourself all the reasons you can succeed, or do you remind yourself of the old negative self-talk that once held you back?
- When you talk about good living, health and financial freedom, do you describe a world that has enough abundance for you too, or do you believe you need to work hard, expecting struggle to get ahead?
- As you walk through your days handling your various tasks, do you consciously focus upon the things that are positive, or do you make a mental list of things that are wrong?
- Do you take a cognitive inventory of your life and recognize your many skills and abilities? Do you see yourself getting better and better each day? Or do you think you are not enough and life is a big competition?
- When a creative idea comes to mind, do you take inspired action, or do you procrastinate or let it languish completely because you believe you couldn’t finish it anyway?
- Are you living with an expectation of abundance, or an expectation of lack?
The words you use, whether spoken or mental, determine whether you paddle with the current or struggle against it. Your subconscious mind forms and stores your beliefs. When that part of your mind hears your thoughts or words, it creates corresponding beliefs.
Strengthen your life with words that empower and include you. Then use these words in your dialog with those you care about. You’ll find you are creating a wonderful realm of success.
A Few More Questions:
- What words or thoughts empower your life?
- Which words do you need to guard yourself with more diligence?
- How do you stay in control and develop the positive side of your world?
- If you’ve taken time for yourself, your mind created some potential action areas for your future. Write them down. as you write your thoughts, you are taking action and giving them life.
- Please consider leaving a comment to share what works for you. You could be the person who helps another reader that struggles with their internal talk.
- Finally, consider sharing this article. When we think about our words, we naturally plant seeds of kindness in the lives of those around us.
⭐️ About Anthony M. Davis
Anthony M. Davis is a Leadership, Success & Stress Coach, Board Certified Therapist, and Top-100 International Travel Photographer. As a Coach, he helps people just like you overcome obstacles & reach their goals. His free book, “Keys to Your Success” is available now.
For Coaching availability, email me at: email@example.com